An architect is a professional adequately trained in planning, designing, and overseeing construction of buildings and other structural properties with the main purpose of human use or occupancy. The decisions of an architect when it comes to planning and design have an impact on public safety.
An architect is able to earn a license to practice architecture through specialized training that consists of advanced education and practical internship. The academic, technical and practical training requirements to become an architect may vary by jurisdiction. Depending on most jobs handled, an architect may also be referred to as Project Manager, Project Architect, Design Architect, Architectural Project Manager and Principal.
To qualify for TN Visa Status Architect under NAFTA, the applicant must have earned, and is able to provide proof of the following educational requirements:
- Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; or
- State/Provincial license which refers to any document issued by a state, provincial or federal government, but not by a local government, that allows an individual to engage in a regulated activity or profession under its authority.
The applicant for a TN Visa under the NAFTA profession of Architect must also provide the additional requirements:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship;
- A detailed support letter from prospective employer;
- Proof of intent to return to his/her permanent residence in Canada at the expiration of the temporary TN Visa stay
If the applicant is able to provide evidence of the requirements enumerated above, he/she may qualify for TN Visa status as an Architect under NAFTA.
A qualified Architect can obtain TN Visa status for a maximum of three years. Extensions of the status may be issued for up to three years a time provided that the individual continues to comply with the requirements for TN NAFTA professionals. The number of extensions has no limit. However, the professional must continue to demonstrate that his/her employment is temporary in nature, and that his/her NAFTA entry is not used to bypass normal procedures of immigration.
Contact Us Today to speak with a TN Visa Lawyer!