Education Requirements TN Computer Systems Analyst – If you were educated in North America (United States, Canada, or Mexico), the education requirements for a TN computer systems analyst are fairly straight forward. We often see complications meeting the TN Visa requirements when education was obtained outside of North America. Not all degrees, certificates, or diplomas will meet the education requirements under the USCMA (NAFTA). To verify your qualifications it is best to speak with a TN visa lawyer.
Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer
Education Requirements for a TN Visa Computer Systems Analyst
A Computer Systems Analyst can qualify for a TN Visa one (1) of three (3) ways:
- A Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in IT, Computer Systems or a closely related field.
- Post-secondary Diploma which refers to a credential issued by an accredited academic institution in Canada or the United States on completion of two (2) or more years of post-secondary education; and Three (3) years of related IT experience.
- Postsecondary Certificate which refers to a certificate issued by the federal government of Mexico or a state government in Mexico, an academic institution recognized by the federal government or a state government, or an academic institution created by federal or state law on completion of two or more years of post-secondary education at an academic institution; and Three (3) years of related IT experience.
It is important to note the requirements are degrees or certificates from North America (Canada, U.S.A., and Mexico). If you obtained your education outside of North America you will need an evaluation of your foreign degree for its equivalence to a U.S. degree. Diplomas or Certificates from India, Pakistan, and anywhere outside of North America do not meet the requirements. In addition, IT certifications do not replace the education requirements under the USMCA (NAFTA). You cannot combine your education and experience to meet the degree requirements for any TN Visa profession.
Additional requirements for a TN Visa Computer Systems Analyst
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship;
- A detailed letter from prospective U.S. employer; and
- Proof that the stay in the U.S. is for a temporary purpose.
A qualified applicant can obtain a TN Visa as a Computer Systems Analyst for a maximum of three (3) years. Any extension of the status may be issued for up to three (3) years at a time provided that the individual continues to comply with the requirements for TN Visa professionals. The number of extensions has no limit.
Call a TN Visa Lawyer!