How to obtain proof of U.S. Citizenship – There are a few different avenues that can be used to obtain proof of U.S. Citizenship. Each avenue requires different procedures and forms of evidence. It is important to properly identify the appropriate method for obtaining proof of U.S. Citizenship before beginning the process. Depending on the facts of the case, proof of U.S. Citizenship can be obtained by filing one of the following with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the U.S. Department of State:
- USCIS Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- USCIS Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
- USCIS Form N-644, Application for Posthumous Citizenship
- Form FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
- Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport
It is important to obtain proof of U.S. Citizenship for a child born in another country to U.S. citizen parents as soon as possible. We are experienced in identifying who is a U.S. Citizen by birth and can assist with the application process. Since obtaining valid proof of U.S. Citizenship is critical, we suggest working with a licensed attorney experienced in handling U.S. Immigration Law matters. If you need assistance with obtaining proof of U.S. Citizenship, contact us today to see how we can help.