How to Obtain TD Status for your Family Members

If you have immediate family members (spouse and children under the age of 21) that will be joining you in the United States while you work under TN status, you can easily obtain TD status for them. This can be done by bringing them with you while you apply for your TN status, or by having them apply separately on their own.

If your family members will be accompanying you at the border, you will need to provide the following:

  1. For a Spouse – Provide a copy of your marriage certificate as proof that you are legally married.
  2. For a Child – Provide proof of your parent-child relationship. This is usually done through a birth certificate showing you as the parent or through an adoption certificate.

* Spouses and children cannot work while in the United States, but they are permitted to study.

If your family members will be entering later without you, they will need to provide the following in addition to the above listed documents:

  1. A copy of your TN I-94 Card

COVID: We Are Open Offering Service In-Person or Virtual via Phone/Video