Is a TN visa better than H1B? If you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen the TN visa is a much better alternative than the H1B visa. The following is a list of some of the reasons the TN visa is a better option:
- No Lottery or Visa Cap – Unlike the H1B Visa, there isn’t a limited number of TN visas each year and there is no lottery to obtain a TN Visa. You can apply for a TN Visa at anytime in person with CBP or a Consulate, and by mail with USCIS.
- Unlimited TN Visa Extensions – The TN visa can be issued for an initial period of 1 day and up to 3 years at a time. Where the H1B Visa has a maximum of 6 years, the TN Visa has no limit, and be extended every 3 years indefinitely.
- Quick Approval – If you are Canadian, you are able to obtain a TN visa with the proper paperwork within an hour at a U.S. port of entry.
- Low Cost – The TN Visa is much more cost effective than the H1B visa. In most cases obtaining a TN Visa will save you a minimum of $1500 over an H1B visa.
- No Mandatory Wage – The wage requirement for the TN Visa is that the wage be consistent with the profession. There is no requirement for a prevailing or minimum wage through the U.S. Department of Labor. As long as the wage is consistent with the industry, then the TN visa will work.
- No Recruitment Requirement – You can apply for and obtain a TN visa as soon as you receive a job offer from a U.S. entity. There
- Path to Green Card – Although the TN visa is non-immigrant visa, there is a path to green card. In fact, it is the same path as is used in the majority of H1B visa cases. As long as the process is handled correctly, a TN Visa holder can go to a green card through employer sponsorship.
TN Visa Lawyer – Richards and Jurusik TN Visa Lawyers have over 20+ years of combined experience helping thousands obtain TN Visa status. Hundreds of 5 star client reviews. Our specialized practice has allowed us to gain particular expertise with the preparation, filing and successful adjudication of TN Visa applications under the USMCA (NAFTA) for Canadian and Mexican Citizens.
We have experience representing TN visa clients in person with CBP at U.S. ports of entry, by mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and with U.S. Consulates and Embassies. Our TN Visa Lawyers handle new TN visa applications, TN visa renewals, TN visa extensions, TN Visa change of employer applications, TN Visa rejections, TN Visa denials, TN Visa to Green Card through marriage to U.S. Citizens, TN Visa to Green Card through employment, and all TN Visa related matters.
Speak with a TN visa Lawyer Today!