New Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Card for Adjustment Applicants

On Friday February 11, 2011, United States Citizenship and Immgiraiton Services (USCIS) announced that is has come up with a single card for certain applicants for permanent residence of adjustment of status. The card will serve as both employment and travel authorization. The card will be similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD). For those issued a joint EAD and travel authorization card it will include the text, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” In appropriate cases USCIS will contuniue to issue seperate EAD cards and Advance Parole documents.