Renew or Replace Your Green card

Green Card Renewal

If you are a U.S. permanent resident with a Form I-551 (Green Card) valid for 10 years and your card has expired or will expire within the next 6 months, you should renew your green card. Applications to replace a permanent resident card can be done online or by mail through Form I-90. We regularly assist U.S. permanent residents with the green card renewal process.

Green Card Replacement

If you are a U.S. permanent resident needing a replacement of your green card or a conditional resident who needs a replacement your two-year green card or you need a replacement for a valid reason, it can be done online or by mail through Form I-90. If you need to obtain a replacement green card we can advise you on how the replacement process is done.

The following is a list of reasons to replace your Green Card:

  • Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed
  • Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday)
  • You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States
  • You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status
  • Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes Special Agricultural Worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status)
  • You have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151 – all no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current green card
  • Your card contains incorrect information
  • Your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card, or
  • You never received the previous card that was issued to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

If you need to either renew or replace your permanent resident card (green card), we can help. It is best to work with an experienced immigration lawyer for guidance on how to correctly obtain a new green card. Contact Us today to see how we can help you with this process.

COVID: We Are Open Offering Service In-Person or Virtual via Phone/Video