TN Visa Scientific Technician Technologist
TN Visa Scientific Technician Technologist – In general, a scientific technician technologist applies the theories and principles of mathematics and science to help develop, invent and improve processes or products, but with tasks more practically-oriented than the work of scientists. This professional sets up, operates and maintains laboratory instruments, makes observations, monitors experiments and calculates results to develop conclusions.
Standard Qualifications for TN Visa as a Scientific Technician Technologist
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship;
- A detailed support letter from a U.S. employer;
- Proof of your qualifications in the form of degrees, certificates, and or experience in the field.
Special Qualifications for TN Visa as a Scientific Technician Technologist
- Must show a theoretical knowledge of one of the following areas: agricultural sciences, astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, forestry, geology, geophysics, meteorology, or physics, and the ability to solve practical problems in any of those disciplines, or the ability to apply principles of any of those disciplines to basic or applied research. This is typically proven with a degree, certificate, or years of experience in the field, AND
- Must work in direct support of a licensed or degreed professional in the field. The work must be intertwined with that of the licensed or degreed professional. You must show proof of the qualifications of the professional that you will work in support of at the time of the application.
TN Visa Duration
A qualified Scientific Technician Technologist can obtain TN Visa status from 1 day and up to 3 years per stay. The visa can be renewed every 3 years for a new 3 year time period with no limit on the amount of extensions.
TN visa to Green Card
If you are currently in the United States on a TN visa, your employer is able to sponsor you for a green card. As a TN visa holder you must pay careful attention to the timing of each application to avoid any potential issues with your immigration status. Special considerations must be made that do not apply to other foreign nationals on H1B visas or on other immigration visas. It is important to work with a U.S. Immigration Lawyer with specific experience helping TN visa holders with the green card process.
Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer