A Computer Systems Analyst uses IT tools to help an enterprise, regardless of its size, reach its goals. The analyst may design and develop advanced computer systems by configuring software and hardware or by devising new methods to apply to existing systems. The most common function of a Computer Systems Analyst is to analyze science, business, engineering and other data processing plans and existing systems including all other procedures, user requirements and problems.
The scope of the analyst’s work involves automating and improving the current computer systems, reviewing their capabilities, scheduling limitations and workflow and supervising computer programmers when necessary. A Computer Systems Analyst may also work with certain computer system types such as accounting, business, financial systems or engineering systems which vary according to the nature of the organization. Other potential job titles of Computer Systems Analyst are Business Systems Analyst, Programmer Analyst, Computer Systems Consultant, Computer Systems Analyst, Information Systems Analyst (ISA), Computer Analyst, Applications Analyst, Systems Engineer and Business Analyst.
To qualify for a TN Visa as a Computer Systems Analyst, the applicant for a Computer Systems Analyst profession must have earned, and is able to provide proof of the following educational requirements:
- Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; OR
- Post-secondary Diploma which refers to a credential issued by an accredited academic institution in Canada or the United States on completion of two or more years of post-secondary education; OR
- Postsecondary Certificate which refers to a certificate issued by the federal government of Mexico or a state government in Mexico, an academic institution recognized by the federal government or a state government, or an academic institution created by federal or state law on completion of two or more years of post-secondary education at an academic institution; and
- Three years of related experience
The applicant for a TN Visa as a Computer Systems Analyst professional must also provide the additional requirements:
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship;
- A detailed letter from prospective employer;
- Proof of intent to return to his/her permanent residence at the expiration of the temporary TN Visa stay.
If the applicant is able to provide evidence of the requirements enumerated above, he/she may qualify for Computer Systems Analyst professional status.
A qualified Computer Systems Analyst can obtain TN Visa Professional status for a maximum of three years. Any extension of the status may be issued for up to one year provided that the individual continues to comply with the requirements for TN Visa professionals. The number of extensions has no limit. However, the professional must continue to demonstrate that his/her employment is temporary in nature, and that his/her NAFTA entry is not used to bypass normal procedures of immigration.
Contact us today to speak with a TN Visa Lawyer experienced with Computer Systems Analyst applications.