At Richards and Jurusik our TN visa lawyers have extensive experience helping Canadians and Mexicans to obtain TN visas to work in the United States as Computer Systems Analysts. Due to the specific degree requirements, obtaining a TN Visa as a Computer Systems Analyst can be complication. Verify with a TN Visa Lawyer to see if you meet the TN Visa Computer Systems Analyst requirements under the USCMA (NAFTA).
Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer
TN Visa Computer Systems Analyst Qualifications – You can qualify in any one (1) of the following three (3) ways:
- A Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in IT, Computer Systems or a closely related field.
- Post-secondary Diploma which refers to a credential issued by an accredited academic institution in Canada or the United States on completion of two (2) or more years of post-secondary education and three (3) years of related IT experience.
- Postsecondary Certificate which refers to a certificate issued by the federal government of Mexico or a state government in Mexico, an academic institution recognized by the federal government or a state government, or an academic institution created by federal or state law on completion of two or more years of post-secondary education at an academic institution and three (3) years of related IT experience.
It is important to note the requirements are degrees or certificates from North America (Canada, U.S.A., and Mexico). If you obtained your education outside of North America you will need an evaluation of your foreign degree for its equivalence to a U.S. degree. Diplomas or Certificates from India, Pakistan, and anywhere outside of North America do not meet the requirements. In addition, IT certifications do not replace the education requirements under the USMCA (NAFTA). You cannot combine your education and experience to meet the degree requirements for any TN Visa profession.
An applicant for a TN Visa Computer Systems Analyst position must also provide the additional requirements:
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship;
- A detailed letter from prospective U.S. employer;
- Proof of intent to return to his/her permanent residence at the expiration of the temporary TN Visa stay.
A qualified applicant can obtain a TN Visa as a Computer Systems Analyst for a maximum of three (3) years. Any extension of the status may be issued for up to three (3) years at a time provided that the individual continues to comply with the requirements for TN Visa professionals. The number of extensions has no limit.
Contact us today to speak with a TN Visa Lawyer!