TN Visa Lawyer – Richards and Jurusik TN Visa Lawyers have over 20+ years of combined experience helping thousands obtain TN Visa status. Hundreds of 5 star client reviews. Our specialized practice has allowed us to gain particular expertise with the preparation, filing and successful adjudication of TN Visa applications under the USMCA (NAFTA) for Canadian and Mexican Citizens.
We have experience representing TN visa clients in person with CBP at U.S. ports of entry, by mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and with U.S. Consulates and Embassies. Our TN Visa Lawyers handle new TN visa applications, TN visa renewals, TN visa extensions, TN Visa change of employer applications, TN Visa rejections, TN Visa denials, TN Visa to Green Card through marriage to U.S. Citizens, TN Visa to Green Card through employment, and all TN Visa related matters.
Speak with a TN visa Lawyer Today!
Why You Should Use an experienced TN Visa Lawyer for Your TN Visa Application?
An experienced TN Visa lawyer will not only identify and complete the necessary forms for filing they will also:
- Provide up to date legal advice specific to your situation – Immigration law is the procedures, available immigration benefits, and immigration consequences change frequently. The consequences of improperly filing a TN Visa application can be as mild as a rejected application (Resulting in employment delays) or as severe as a denial (Resulting in lost fees, additional fees for appeals, lost employment, and even being placed in removal proceedings).
- Identify any potential legal issues relevant to your situation – Your specific situation and the factors involved will ultimately determine what immigration benefits, if any, are available in your situation. Because the law is in constant flux benefits that might have been available in prior years may not be available today. In addition, what can be perceived as a simple process can be complicated by an arrest record, divorce or other changes in circumstances. An experienced TN Visa lawyer is able to identify your immigration options while advising you of the potential outcome of your case. Failure to identify potential issues with your situation could result in major immigration consequences, including removal proceedings.
- Identify which TN Visa Profession and application process is appropriate for your situation – Each and every immigration case is unique. No one case is identical to another. Although some cases may be similar, differing facts and circumstances can lead to different immigration options. Approaching immigration law with a one size fits all mentality is dangerous and can result in severe consequences. An experienced TN Visa lawyer is able to identify the appropriate profession and application process, and advise you accordingly.
- Identify the necessary supporting documents – Since each case is unique it is necessary to identity and include the necessary supporting documents in support of the TN Visa application. The supporting documents needed to support a filing for a management consultant vary from those required for an accountant. Each TN Visa application must be approached with particularity and supported with the necessary supporting documents. An experienced TN Visa lawyer is able to identify which documents should and should not be.
- Concentrated TN Visa experience – Some immigration lawyers advertise their ability to practice “all areas” of U.S. Immigration and don’t often have the specific experience and concentration with TN visas necessary to provide accurate advice. We do not dabble with immigration law, or practice in any other areas of law. We only practice immigration law and have specific experience with TN Visa applications, NAFTA, and the USMCA. In addition, we are also members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”). AILA members receive updates on the law and have access to in depth training. This type of expertise is invaluable and is what you should expect when hiring a TN Visa lawyer.
- Peace of mind – The TN visa application process is complex, taxing and very stressful for all parties involved. Hiring an experienced TN Visa lawyer will offer peace of mind, comfort and reassurance during this process. Once retained most lawyers will provide guidance and reassurance throughout the process at no additional charge.
- We ONLY practice U.S. Immigration law.
Why Choose Richards and Jurusik U.S. Immigration Lawyers over other TN Visa Lawyers or Immigration Consultants?
- Selected among the “10 Best Immigration Attorneys” in NY based on client satisfaction
- Named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Only 2.5% of lawyers received this award.
- Admitted to practice in the state of New York and authorized to practice U.S. Immigration law
- Our attorneys are active members in good standing with American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Christine Jurusik is licensed Canadian attorney and Jeremy Richards is foreign legal consultant with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 20+ years of hands on experience representing TN Visa clients with CBP, USCIS, and U.S. Consulates and Embassies
- Personal knowledge of current border practices
- Positive professional relationship with CBP officers
- In depth knowledge of NAFTA (USMCA) TN professions and qualifications
- Experience matters! Experience processing hundreds of TN applications every year for applicants of all education and experience levels for all NAFTA TN professions.
Call a TN Visa Lawyer today at (866) 697-1832
You may be eligible for a TN Visa under USMCA, if:
- You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico.
- Your profession qualifies under the regulations for a TN Visa.
- The position in the United States requires a USMCA TN Visa professional.
- You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer, OR, you have a prearranged contract with a U.S. client.
- You have the qualifications of the TN visa profession.
- You have non-immigrant intent.
TN Visas can be initially granted for as short as one (1) day and as long as three (3) years, with no limitation on TN visa renewals. The main disadvantage to a TN visa is “non-immigrant intent.” This means that those who enter the United States under the TN category are limited to temporary positions. However, this doesn’t eliminate the option of going from a TN visa to a green card.
TN Visa to Green Card Through Employment
In many cases a U.S. employer is able to sponsor a TN visa holder for a green card through the Permanent Labor Certification Process with the U.S. Department of Labor (PERM). Since the TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa, this process must be handled carefully. If you need help with the TN visa to green card process through employment, make sure you work with a TN Visa lawyer familiar with this process.
TN Visa to Green Card Through Marriage
If you are on a TN Visa and are married to a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), there is a process by which you can obtain a green card. Since the TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa, this process must be handled carefully. If you need help with the TN visa to green card process through marriage, make sure you work with a TN Visa lawyer familiar with this process.
One main advantage to applying for TN Visa status as a Canadian Citizen is that there is no need to apply at a U.S. consulate. Qualified Canadian professionals can apply when seeking admission to the United States by presenting the required documentation to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at qualifying CBP-designated U.S. ports of entry or at a designated pre-clearance/pre-flight inspection station.
The prospective employer of a Canadian TN Visa professional also has the option to file a petition for the prospective Canadian professional by filing a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Upon approval, the prospective worker may then apply to CBP for admission to the United States as a TN Visa non-immigrant by providing proof of their Canadian citizenship along with the approval notice from USCIS.
Mexican citizens are required to obtain a visa to enter the United States as a TN Visa non-immigrant. This is done through a direct application for a TN visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in Mexico.
After your TN visa is approved, you may apply for admission at certain CBP-designated U.S. ports of entry or at a designated pre-clearance/pre-flight inspection station. The inspecting CBP officer will make the final determination on your eligibility for admission. If approved, you will be admitted into the United States to work as a TN Visa non-immigrant.
Any accompanying or following to join spouse and children under the age of 21 may be eligible for TD non-immigrant status. They must demonstrate a bona-fide spousal or parent-child relationship to you. Those in TD status are not allowed to accept employment unless otherwise authorized. However, they may attend school on a full-time basis. The application process for dependents depends on their citizenship.
If your profession is listed, or, if you have questions as to whether you qualify to enter the United States as a TN Visa non-immigrant, contact us today to speak to a licensed TN Visa lawyer.
Call a TN Visa Lawyer Today