What Documents do I need to enter the United States?

If you are a United States citizen planning on vacationing abroad for pleasure or business, it is important to carry acceptable forms of identification in order to re-enter the United States. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative sets forth the acceptable travel documents. Some of the acceptable travel documents include:

  1. U.S. Passport
  2. U.S. Passport Card
  3. Enhanced Driver’s License
  4. Trusted Traveler Program Cards – Global entry, NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST.

The type of acceptable travel document depends on whether you will be traveling by land, sea, or air. There are also special groups of people that are able to use other forms of identification in order to enter the United States. No matter your situation it is important to comply with the most recent travel requirements and to carry acceptable travel documents.

COVID: We Are Open Offering Service In-Person or Virtual via Phone/Video