The immigration process goes way beyond simply completing and filing a few forms with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. There are several services and law firms that provide this basic service. When hiring an immigration lawyer to represent you, you get much more than a third party form filler. A good immigration lawyer will not only identify and complete the necessary forms for filing they will also:
- Provide up to date legal advice specific to your situation – Immigration law is dynamic. The Forms, filing fees, filing locations, available immigration benefits and immigration consequences change frequently. The consequences of filing for the wrong immigration benefits can be as mild as a rejected application (Resulting in processing delays) or as severe as a denial (Resulting in lost filing fees, additional fees for appeals and even being placed in removal proceedings).
- Identify any potential legal issues relevant to your situation – Your specific situation and the factors involved will ultimately determine what immigration benefits, if any, are available in your situation. Because the law is in constant flux benefits that might have been available in prior years may not be available today. In addition, what can be perceived as a simple process can be complicated by an arrest record, divorce or other changes in circumstances. An immigration lawyer is able to identify your immigration options while advising you of the potential outcome of your case. Failure to identify potential issues with your situation could result in major immigration consequences, including removal proceedings.
- Identify which application is appropriate for your situation – Each and every immigration case is unique. No one case is identical to another. Although some cases may be similar, differing facts and circumstances can lead to different immigration options. Approaching immigration law with a one size fits all mentality is dangerous and can result in severe consequences. An immigration lawyer is able to identify the appropriate application and advise you accordingly.
- Identify the necessary supporting documents – Since each case is unique it is necessary to identity and include the necessary supporting documents in support of the immigration benefit requested. The supporting documents needed to support a filing for a spouse varies from a filing for a fiancé(e), a parent or a sibling. Each case must be approached with particularity and supported with the necessary supporting documents. An immigration lawyer is able to identify which documents should and should not be included in a filing. They are also able to advise on additional documents that can be included to strengthen the case.
- Concentrated legal experience – Due to the specialized nature of immigration law, immigration lawyers often concentrate their practice solely on immigration law. They do not dabble with immigration law, or practice in any other areas of law. Most serious immigration lawyers are also members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”). AILA members receive updates on the law and have access to in-depth trainings. This type of expertise is invaluable and is what you should expect when hiring an immigration lawyer.
- Peace of mind – The immigration process in the United States is complex, taxing and very stressful for all parties involved. Hiring and immigration lawyer will offer peace of mind, comfort and reassurance during this process. Once retained most lawyers will provide guidance and reassurance throughout the process at no additional charge.
Mr. Richards ONLY practices U.S. immigration law. As an active member of AILA he receives daily updates on the happening of U.S. immigration law and attends regular immigration law trainings. If you or a loved one is in need of immigration representation, contact us today for a free assessment of your case with Mr. Richards.
Contact Us Today
Call 1-866-697-1832 or send an e-mail to moc.walnoitargimmirjnull@ofni